Kelly Bode is a Partner at Lakefield, a leader in the Lakefield Business Law group and member of the firm’s Management Committee. She specializes in the areas of corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions, but assists clients with all of their corporate needs, from business structuring, set-up and maintenance, lending and borrowing, reorganizations, succession planning and drafting major agreements such as shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, supply and distribution agreements, contractor agreements and everything in between.
She has acted as counsel for both buyers and sellers for many business acquisitions across several industries, with extensive experience in the area of agribusiness. She has also assisted clients with raising capital via private debt and equity financings, including all of the registrations that go with those offerings.
We have been working with Kelly and the Lakefield team since we started our business. Kelly responds quickly to our needs, whether it’s a small question or a large transaction; her service and quality of work is outstanding. Lakefield is fun and easy to work with.Bryan McCrea, 3twenty Modular
Kelly was raised in Saskatoon and graduated from the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law in 2006. Giving her time back to the community she loves has always been of utmost importance to Kelly. She has served on numerous boards and committees, including the Saskatoon YWCA, Princess Shop and Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce, where she served as Chair. Kelly currently serves on the board of the Saskatchewan Research Council, chairing the Governance Committee. With her husband Jeret, Kelly created the “Jeret and Kelly Bode Family Fund” with the Saskatoon Community Foundation.
Nothing brings Kelly more joy than spending time with her two beautiful daughters, Nora and Iris, but she also enjoys her summer flower garden and, currently, learning to play the banjo.
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (with high honours), University of Saskatchewan (2003)
- Bachelor of Laws (with distinction), University of Saskatchewan (2006)
- Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar (2007)
- Past Director and Chair of Governance Committee, Saskatchewan Research Council
- Past Director and Chair, Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director, YWCA Saskatoon
- Past Director, The Princess Shop
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Member, The Saskatoon Club
- Past Member, YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Dinner Committee
- Past Member, Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (SYPE)
- Past Member, Saskatchewan Party Saskatoon Sutherland Constituency Association
- Past Member, Business Networking International (BNI)
- Recipient, CPLED Student Award for Saskatchewan
- Nominee and Finalist, SYPE Young Professional of the Year Award (2010)
- Nominee and Finalist, Saskatoon YWCA Woman of Distinction Award (2015)
- Highlighted in Refined Magazine (Volume 3, Issue 1) Article “Female Strong” (2018)
We are officially operating under new corporate legislation in the province of Saskatchewan. The Business Corporations Act, 2021, with its regulations, The…
Those who fail to plan, plan to fail. Proper planning prevents poor performance. We’ve all heard these and similar adages. They apply…
The Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce officially swears in its new Executive today, and among the class of 2017 is its new Chair…